AlphaVillains

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Alpha Villains a Community for HeroSmash Villains!

5 posters

Chatroom

Reiku-Razengan
    Reiku-Razengan
    Recruit
    Recruit

Chatroom Empty Chatroom

Post  Reiku-Razengan Tue May 24, 2011 1:57 pm

To get to the point, I have never used xat before, and frankly, it isn't extremely user-friendly to new users.

I suggest starting a new chatroom that can be used on multiple platforms for more such as XChat, mIRC and Chatzilla. For instance as my problems with xat as follows.

1. Lack of understanding
    - the users list as it does not clearly provide information on who is online or not

2. Lack of accessibility
    - requires a browser to be open to this page

Although this is not overly required, it will be an easier platform to chat on.
    Halo
    Halo
    Admin
    Admin

Chatroom Empty Re: Chatroom

Post  Halo Tue May 24, 2011 3:13 pm

I will look into this thank you for posting.
    VIP Member
    VIP Member

Post  2046808 Wed May 25, 2011 3:59 am

The User List is the list of people that are currently chatting in the room. Each name has a person symbol next to it and the color indicates their status. Green is online, Red is offline, Gold is owner(Halo), Silver is moderator, Blue is member, Grey is ignored and Brown is banned. Some users might have a purple/pink icon, this is because they have the Powers to do so.

Ex. I am a member but I own a Dark Blue and Pink Symbol which I obtained with Powers, and I can choose which to show.

As for the lack of accessibility, I do agree with you. I wish to somehow add everyone on MSN, obviously start a group, and then we all could chat through that and know who's on and such. That's just an idea and I like your ideas as well.
    Reiku-Razengan
    Reiku-Razengan
    Recruit
    Recruit

Post  Reiku-Razengan Wed May 25, 2011 7:07 am

2046808 wrote:
    As for the lack of accessibility, I do agree with you. I wish to somehow add everyone on MSN, obviously start a group, and then we all could chat through that and know who's on and such. That's just an idea and I like your ideas as well.
    Well, the platform known as XChat I described earlier has numerous servers preloaded into it. Once downloaded, you could simply enter any server, join a channel and register it. That could be an alternative to the xat as it provides many services such as bots, badwords lists, and shows only who is currently online in the channel.
    Halo
    Halo
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Halo Wed May 25, 2011 3:41 pm

I have been looking into this as a secondary chat, for people who don't prefer to use web browsers and would rather chat from their desktop.
    The Other
    The Other
    Forum Staff
    Forum Staff

Post  The Other Wed May 25, 2011 8:12 pm

Halo wrote:I have been looking into this as a secondary chat, for people who don't prefer to use web browsers and would rather chat from their desktop.
    Still we would have to take one down because we cant have 1 person on the other chat and 50 on the other...(example) It won't be fair to the people who want to be safe.
    Reiku-Razengan
    Reiku-Razengan
    Recruit
    Recruit

Post  Reiku-Razengan Thu May 26, 2011 8:41 am

The Other wrote:
    Halo wrote:I have been looking into this as a secondary chat, for people who don't prefer to use web browsers and would rather chat from their desktop.
    Still we would have to take one down because we cant have 1 person on the other chat and 50 on the other...(example) It won't be fair to the people who want to be safe.
    Most, if not all, of the preloaded servers in XChat have a web variation which can be access through the browser.
    Ultimately, either connection through browsers on other platforms would still lead to the same chatroom, just that platforms that require downloads have more access in creating and using scripts.
    VIP Member
    VIP Member

Post  2046808 Fri May 27, 2011 12:05 am

I suggest we give it a try to see how it works out.

Reiku-Razengan, you should send Halo some links for these chat things. He can set it up and then he can let us know what's up and yea.
    Halo
    Halo
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Halo Fri May 27, 2011 12:43 am

It seems xchat is not a very good alternative since there isn't really a website friendly version.
    Reiku-Razengan
    Reiku-Razengan
    Recruit
    Recruit

Post  Reiku-Razengan Fri May 27, 2011 2:04 am

Halo wrote:It seems xchat is not a very good alternative since there isn't really a website friendly version.
    There isn't a website-friendly version of XChat, but there are direct server connections through the server site itself.
    Sending you some links.
    Halo
    Halo
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Halo Fri May 27, 2011 3:05 am

Alright I will try an IRC channel for now. Just a test.
    Qyp
    Qyp
    Devious
    Devious

Post  Qyp Fri May 27, 2011 11:06 am

How bout Hamachi? its lite and easy to use Very Happy Razz Razz
    Halo
    Halo
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Halo Fri May 27, 2011 3:41 pm

It seems solidIRC has issues in Firefox 4, so I will try something else.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:06 pm