Welcome to Alpha Villains a Community for HeroSmash Villains!

Guide to the IRC

Reiku-Razengan
    Recruit
    Recruit

default Guide to the IRC

Post  Reiku-Razengan on Sun May 29, 2011 6:36 pm

Once connected:

The first thing you'll want to do once connected is register your nickname, to do this type "/ns register " in the window (sans quotes, the <>'s just denote fields to be replaced in their entirety. The email address MUST be valid).

You will then be sent a confirmation code from services@solidirc.com to the email you entered. It will contain a confirmation code. To complete registration, type
    "/ns confirm " in the same window you sent the registration command in.

At this point, your nickname is registered. Once registered, only you would be able to use the nick. Those whom attempt to impersonate others would have their nicks forcibly changed to Guest.

If you decide you wish to change your nickname, type "/nick ". At this point, you can link your two nicknames together with
    "/ns group ". Grouping nicknames means they use the same password, and have all of the same settings and permissions.

A few of the more useful NickServ commands:
    /ns identify - The standard way to login to your nickname. Can also be done with the server alias /identify.
    /ns info - Provides information about a specific nickname. Typically a good way to check if a nickname is registered.
    * /ns info <- Look for the line that starts with "Nicks :" to find the nicknames within your group
    /ns help set - There are many settings and options that you can change with your nickname. For more specific information on a particular option use /ns help set [option].
    /ns help set kill - Provides information about the 'kill' option, which will forcibly change an unidentified user attempting to utilize your nickname's nickname to a standardized one.
    /ns ghost - Sometimes you may disconnect from the network and reconnect before the server realizes you are gone. These connections are known as ghosts, and this command will forcefully disconnect them.

Additional Services:

MemoServ (/ms help) - MemoServ can be used to leave messages to offline users.
    HostServ (/hostserv help) - HostServ is used to request and turn on 'vanity hosts' to mask your already automatically masked host with something a bit more special.

How to add other servers

Last edited by Reiku-Razengan on Tue May 31, 2011 3:18 am; edited 1 time in total
    VIP Member
    VIP Member

default Re: Guide to the IRC

Post  2046808 on Sun May 29, 2011 8:16 pm

Hmm.. A lot of work for registering your nickname, lol.

But thanks a lot Reiku.
    Halo
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Halo on Sun May 29, 2011 8:28 pm

Thanks for this I was going to make something like it, then me and my friends got wasted.

Global Mod

Post  Exx on Sun May 29, 2011 11:07 pm

XD Halo

Recruit

Post  Reiku-Razengan on Tue May 31, 2011 3:19 am

Bump.
    Included tutorial on how to add servers.
    legacy
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post  legacy on Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:10 pm

kk it said nickname legacy is register under my account so how do i get in the account when im on another computer??

Halo
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Halo on Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:40 pm

Yeah I was wondering if there was a way to register your nickname.

Recruit

Post  Reiku-Razengan on Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:30 pm

@Legacy
    /ns identify (password)

@Halo
    /ns register (password) (email)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:35 pm