AlphaVillains

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Alpha Villains a Community for HeroSmash Villains!

+3
The Other
legacy
Halo
7 posters

The New Chat System!

Halo
    Halo
    Admin
    Admin

Announcement The New Chat System!

Post  Halo Fri May 27, 2011 4:22 pm

As you can see we have a different chat. This chat will allow for people to use a portable chat window which means they can chat from anywhere. If you want to do this but are not sure how please follow the steps below.

1. Easiest for people with Firefox
    -Download Chatzilla
    -Restart Firefox
    -Select Tools on the upper menu bar
    -Select Chatzilla
    -Read the stuff it shows in the chat then select, SolidIRC
    -Select IRC on the upper menu bar of the chat
    -Type "AlphaVillains" (no quotation marks)
    -When you open the channel it will have a small tab with the name on it, right click and select "Open this channel on startup" (this way you don't have to repeat steps 4-6.

If you have any problems with it please use the forum general discussion thread.

2.Use straight from your desktop
    -Download XChat
    -Install
    -Enter your nicknames
    -Under networks scroll down to "SolidIRC"
    -Select it and click connect
    -After connecting to the main SolidIRC channel, select server on the upper menu
    -Select Join a Channel
    -Type "AlphaVillains" after the # (no quotations)

Last edited by Halo on Fri May 27, 2011 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    legacy
    legacy
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Announcement Re: The New Chat System!

Post  legacy Fri May 27, 2011 4:35 pm

what if you cant use firefox?
    Halo
    Halo
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Halo Fri May 27, 2011 6:16 pm

I am looking into other ways to have the chat portable, I will post something when I find it. Ok I found it and I will be adding it to the first post.

Just a small side announcement. I have purchased the option to where the site no longer has ads for 1 year.
    The Other
    The Other
    Forum Staff
    Forum Staff

Post  The Other Fri May 27, 2011 9:33 pm

really cool! Got a bit complicated but i got it! Well done!
    Halo
    Halo
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Halo Fri May 27, 2011 10:12 pm

Thanks took some time to figure out, but I do like it much more than xat.
    The Other
    The Other
    Forum Staff
    Forum Staff

Post  The Other Sat May 28, 2011 12:21 am

Halo wrote:Thanks took some time to figure out, but I do like it much more than xat.
    ya but i hate when i go to another site and it say do you want to leave? but its fine for me.
    Voldo
    Voldo
    Evil
    Evil

Post  Voldo Sat May 28, 2011 1:10 am

No offense but Xat was better ._.
    Halo
    Halo
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Halo Sat May 28, 2011 1:40 am

Alright Voldo, why do you think xat is better?
    I just would like to hear everyone's opinion.
    VIP Member
    VIP Member

Post  2046808 Sat May 28, 2011 4:29 am

Very cool. I understand the whole concept is for all of us to chat and communicate.

But I agree with Voldo, I like Xat better. But that's just me, because I have a membership and have add-ons(powers). Xat is not what you would say 'black and white' 'bland', it has character in my opinion and not all Xat windows are the same.

That's just my opinion though, what I did was just open two tabs; one on the home page and one for the forum. I didn't have a problem at all, so I'm not sure why nobody did that.

And I really like the features it has, Owner; he could kick/ban someone from the xat. Make people mods/members. Mods would just keep the place clean like any other mod and ban people and stuff. And just many other features.

With this new Chat thing I'm not sure what features it has besides chat, but I guess that's what we're accomplishing here. Good job though Halo. I'm sure I have more thoughts about it but I can't think straight right now. Razz
    Voldo
    Voldo
    Evil
    Evil

Post  Voldo Sat May 28, 2011 5:42 am

Yes same thing as 2046808. Also it's very confusing and doing all these coding just for a bland little box that dosn't do anything.

And why have to download something I don't want to download?
    Anyway it would cause some problems on it's own. EG: I'm about to type a topic/post when all of a sudden some n00b (not that I have met any n00bs here this is just an example) comes in and keeps spamming stuff like "How I join?" "You mod?" "This clan sux long live king alteon!" and while this going on I have to answer all of these when i just want to type something ._.

Also it's mutch easier to pretend to be someone else with that chat filter. in the place were I enter nickname I can easily just put in halo or exx or 2046808 and everyone would think i was that person.
    The Other
    The Other
    Forum Staff
    Forum Staff

Post  The Other Sat May 28, 2011 10:44 am

I agree but you don't have to download it just go to the chat that has the wireless chat on out site and you could impersonate someone and tell information only for that person like future updates that may come. I'm fine with any of it but there will be alot of spam once a fairly amount people join the chat. Voldo is pretty much right!

(testing out colors Razz)
    legacy
    legacy
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post  legacy Sat May 28, 2011 3:45 pm

i really dont care but if you want a chat download thingy it should be for all browsers
    Halo
    Halo
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Halo Sat May 28, 2011 5:26 pm

You guys know you don't have to download anything right? Those downloads are for if you want to use the chat portably. For example if you wanted to leave the site yet still chat, you could do that.
    legacy
    legacy
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post  legacy Sat May 28, 2011 6:45 pm

ya i know that i do want to use the portable chat thing. i didnt know there was Xchat when i posted the comment.
    Reiku-Razengan
    Reiku-Razengan
    Recruit
    Recruit

Post  Reiku-Razengan Sun May 29, 2011 9:15 am

2046808 wrote:
    And I really like the features it has, Owner; he could kick/ban someone from the xat. Make people mods/members. Mods would just keep the place clean like any other mod and ban people and stuff. And just many other features.

With this new Chat thing I'm not sure what features it has besides chat, but I guess that's what we're accomplishing here. Good job though Halo. I'm sure I have more thoughts about it but I can't think straight right now. Razz
    I could give you additional powers if Halo gives me the green light to bring in the chat services.

Voldo wrote:Also it's mutch easier to pretend to be someone else with that chat filter. in the place were I enter nickname I can easily just put in halo or exx or 2046808 and everyone would think i was that person.
    Register your nick to prevent impersonation.
    VIP Member
    VIP Member

Post  2046808 Sun May 29, 2011 9:31 am

Reiku-Razengan wrote:I could give you additional powers if Halo gives me the green light to bring in the chat services.

Additional powers in XChat? I believe Mods would get those. And how would you go of doing this?
    Reiku-Razengan
    Reiku-Razengan
    Recruit
    Recruit

Post  Reiku-Razengan Sun May 29, 2011 9:41 am

2046808 wrote:
    Reiku-Razengan wrote:I could give you additional powers if Halo gives me the green light to bring in the chat services.

Additional powers in XChat? I believe Mods would get those. And how would you go of doing this?
    Not XChat itself since its a program, but the chatroom.
    Currently the channel is unregistered, meaning that the first person who gets in gets Operator-powers which is basically power to kick/ban/akick users. If I Halo allows me to, I could register the channel so that additional services such as bots can be implemented for auto-censoring/kicking spammers and cussers, as well as designating powers to change the bot interface, something an Op would usually not be able to.
    VIP Member
    VIP Member

Post  2046808 Sun May 29, 2011 11:38 am

Ah I see. Well at this point I really don't mind which chat system we use. As long as there can be control over it. But I still prefer Xat, that's just my opinion.

Exx
    Exx
    Global Mod
    Global Mod

Post  Exx Sun May 29, 2011 3:20 pm

Is kind of weird but okay.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 9:52 pm